2011-12-11

Pinball Dreams

My 3 and 1/2 years old daugther is starting to enjoy complex games.
I introduced her to a game that resemble to something physical that she can relate to.
Balls are something kids are always fascinated about, and she is no exception, so I thought about pinball.
Back in the early 90's, the state of the art was Pinball Dreams for Amiga, for which I have very fond memories.
With a little search, I discovered that there's a PC version that's also been declared abandonware and released as freeware.
DOSBox runs it fine, but with default settings the pinball table is vertically compressed.
A little editing of the dosbox.conf file restored proper graphic glory:


Here are the settings other than defaults:

windowresolution=1200x900
output=opengl

edit resolution according to your graphic mode

aspect=true
scaler=none

that's the trick to restore proper aspect ratio to the table itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment